April 9, 2016

Spring Fling

1-IMG_8662

I have been on the lookout for a pretty vintage floral dress and finally found it! Definitely a beauty, even though I had a couple of people arguing against it. The ruffles on the bottom would look frumpy. Well, I like it that way and envisioned it already in the thrift store with cognac accessories and my denim jacket. I can see myself wearing it all summer! It feels vintage, but is made off a good cotton and definitely will last me for years. I really believe that it fits the current trend of the 70s revival with all those boho pieces and I will wear it no matter what the others say! 
Do you have this problem somethimes that your relatives, friends or family members just don't understand the potential that you see in a piece of clothing?! I believe that a second opinion on something you want to buy is always nice to have, but can sometimes keep you from buying wonderful pieces that just don't suit that other person's taste, but will work perfectly with your own aestetics. Never stop listening to your own gut instinct and when you feel comfortable wearing a piece, keep on wearing it and rock that look!

1-IMG_8666

1-IMG_8699

What I wore

Dress: Vintage, Thrifted
Denim Jacket: Primark
Shoes: Deichmann
Tights: Esda
Necklace: Kalevala, Thrifted
Bracelet: Heirloom
Belt: Thrifted
Glasses: Police

1-IMG_8709-tile

And one other discussion point that came to my mind - Is it ok to see the tips of your tights when you are wearing open-toed shoes? I love wearing sandals in spring and summer, but I do not want to give up my tights. I have varicose veins and some marks on my legs, which make me feel insecure about my legs without tights. I don't want to quit wearing thin tights in summer, but still want to keep wearing my cute sandals. I often go for the nude tights in summer, not like in this outfit with a black pair, but what do you think? Is it ok, to see the tights in your shoes? And no, leggings are no option for me.

1-IMG_8688

1-IMG_8680

1-IMG_8654

2 comments:

Patti said...

What a great find - I'm so glad you followed your own heart and bought this dress! It looks lovely and feminine and I really like the denim jacket with it. Thanks so much for linking, xo

-Patti
http://notdeadyetstyle.com

mark a. said...

You look absolutely beautiful, Anja!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...