May 6, 2011

Shoes are my diamonds

And Diamonds are a girl's best friend!

Christian Louboutin{photo source}


It's no secret that I am a shoe addict. I love variety in my outfits and shoes bring that little difference just like that. There was no question that this weeks topic for Katy's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday would be perfect for me! I adore shoes and can't get enough of them. I am a girl with curves and know the issue when your clothes don't fit quite well with 2-3 pounds more. Shoes always fit (well, maybe not when you're in the last months of a pregnancy)and definitely hide those extra pounds! I am such a shoe fanatic, I started the "Shoe of the Week" project a couple of weeks ago.


1.What is your go-to pair of shoes? 


I got maybe 60 or more pairs of shoes. It is really difficult to say which are my go-to shoes. It totally depends on my mood and the season. My current pair that I favor in my shoe rack is a pair of black Brogues. They are super versatile, you can wear them with jeans, a flirty skirt and they are perfect for Spring weather, as they are closed and can be worn also when the temperature drops.

2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions? 


I am a student, so first and foremost, the prize needs to be within my budget. Second of all, I wear a size 42 or US 10/10.5 and need to get shoes that actually fit well. They don't have to be designer shoes, actually, I rather buy more for less :) That might change with a better salary though! 
High Heels are another issue. As I am 1,90m or 6'2'', I don't need extreme high heeled shoes. Some heel is nice, but current fashion mostly offers either extreme heel or none at all. Makes it hard for me to find some nice heeled shoes.

3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color? 


As mentioned before, I own lots of shoes and those in several colors. While my closet is quite neutral, my shoes are crazy colorful. I rather wear bright accessories than bright clothes. 

IMG_4315

4. When it comes to design shoes what are your favorite brands and why? 



I don’t own that many brands, but if I could, I would buy more Steve Madden and shoes from the Jessica Simpson collection as well as Vagabond. They are fresh and still stylish. The prizes are not too high as well!

5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe? 


Uhhh, Manolo, Jimmy, Louboutin, you name it, I would own it!!!
For my wedding, I will buy one pair, no matter what. They should be colorful like the ones Carrie wore in SATC - the Movie.


Shoes are my love - I love Shoes!!

6 comments:

Monica said...

These are all so fabulous!



Ask the Duplex

Slumberdesigns said...

Tose Louboutin's are heaven!! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

MissRockwell said...

Oh...those Monolo's are amazing! Buying them for your wedding is such a great idea. Just make sure to get a pair that you can recycle because they are wayyyyyy EXPENSIVE!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

OMG who WOULDNT want those Manolos from SATC? They are beyond incredible. And I love those studded teal flats, are they yours? They're so perfect!

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

Yes, those blue Manolos are so cute. Definitely need those one day! Yes, the teal flats are mine. My flatmate was so in love with them, we had to get her the same ones on ebay :)

Leah said...

Love the Loubs! The studded are awesome.


xo L>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...