June 3, 2011

Vacation dreams - let's do some packing

This week seems to be all about holiday. Now that summer is in full swing… and vacations are coming up, Katy of ModlyChic has asked what we blogger pack for vacation for this weeks' Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.


1.      When it comes to packing for vacation what’s your mantra? 


I am a planner. I already plan all my outfits ahead of time and then add one or two extra things that work well with all the other combinations. Same goes for jewellery and other accessories. I even have a toilet bag full of little travel sized bottles with all my beauty essentials. I don't even have to think about what to pack in the beauty department, simply put that little bag in my suitcase and I am good to go for at least a week!


2.      What are your must packs? 

I always pack my little travel kit - blow-up pillow, ear plugs and a sleeping mask. Those things are perfect for long travels, especially red eye flights. 


3.      What are you happy to leave behind? 

If it is not a work related travel, I am very happy to leave my laptop and all things related to my studies at home. One needs to have some free time for mind and body, at least occasionally!


4.      Any packing secrets that help you get everything into one 

suitcase? 


I don't think there are a lot of secrets. Packing light is important, as you will always want to pack extra things for every occasion.  Especially when you go to a good shopping location. Never underestimate hidden persuation of vacation shopping! I, for one, have lower self control on vacation when it comes to my credit card!!


5.      Beach reading… what are you taking with you to read in the sand? 


On vacation, I splurge. I spoil myself and buy magazines that I would normally leave behind. I also buy at least one new book for every holiday. The best stories are fantasy stories, light reading that is totally different from normal life.

7 comments:

MyFavouriteThings said...

No matter how much I plan my packing, I always end up bringing more clothes and stuff than I actually wear! I'm still waiting for the secret of packing light to unravel itself....:)

Kimberlee VDW said...

Love your photos and checklist! I'm a planner too (and was kind of ashamed to admit I make lists) :p

anne m bray said...

I make lists too! I even bring my list with me and make notes about what I used and what I needed. AND my list is an excel doc!!!
That books in the suitcase image is a beauty.

Fashnlvr said...

I love that photo of the pink suitcase - that would totally be me! The beach book suitcase is cool too! I love your answers. I wish I planned as well as you. I do at least have my beauty travel bag ready all the time too!
Happy Friend Friday!!

Leahvdk said...

Packing is one of my favourite parts of vacation!

xo L.

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

Yes, excel sheets are the best! Can't live without them!!

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

Somehow I have the same issues. I often pack something I don't need, but it is getting better with more practice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...