April 15, 2013

Stockholm in Pictures

I have fallen in love with Stockholm. My little Easter getaway with my friend S. showed me once again that Sweden is an amazing country. This Scandinavian beauty already looked wonderful during my first visit in 2007, but this time I got really hooked by the sun and the first sights of Spring in combination with the old houses, cobble stones and wonderful details.

IMG_6715

My favourite house in between Södermalm and Gamla Stan islands!

IMG_7199

View of Skeppsholmen island

Sorry for the picture overload, just couldn't decide with all those pretty pictures!!! More after the jump!

IMG_6468

View of the old town - Gamla Stan

IMG_6632-horz

IMG_6798

There was still some snow left and it gave the castle driveway a great look.

IMG_6790-horz

IMG_6566

Lovely sunset photo with Södermalm in the back.

IMG_6620

Leftover ice shells and the city hall of Stockholm.

IMG_6554

Södermalm

IMG_6663

I love those lion statues near the city castle!

IMG_6496

As you can see, we had amazing weather, beautiful sunshine, 8 degrees (when Germany had 0 degrees and clouds and grey sky!).

IMG_6871

IMG_6845

I love Djurgården island with Skansen outdoor museum, the amusement park, Vasa museum and Junibacken childrens museum (where we went as well). We also went on a boat trip with that ferry and got to see Stockholm from the water as well.

IMG_6929

This is one of my favourite pictures - I have seen it in the summer once as well and love this old caroussel!

IMG_6928

IMG_6932

Have you been to Stockholm? What has been your favourite spot?

Come back on wednesday for some detail photos of this wonderful northern city!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...