June 19, 2014

Hello Sailor!

I am a 50s girl through and through - If I had the chance to travel back in time, this would be the time. I would dance with Elvis and wear full skirts, petticoats and pencil skirts! All my thing! This sailor dress was a gift by Mr.B and I love it so much. It always reminds me of the fact that he used to be in the German marine forces. We hadn't met during that time, but he sure was a cute sailor judged by the pictures. 

IMG_7329

This dress is cute, girly and so fun. With a full petticoat it looks even better than in those photos. I wore it for a date night with Mr.B. It was a lovely dinner and we had such a good time. Bonus part about this dress - the stretchy back part that hides even an all you can eat dinner!

IMG_7344

What I wore

Dress (Kleid): Hell Bunny
Cardigan (Strickjacke): Amazon
Bag (Tasche): Barcelona
Necklace (Kette): Bijou Brigitte
Shoes (Schuhe): Deichmann
Tights (Strumpfhose): Esda

IMG_7350-tile

IMG_7324

IMG_7361

The hemline could be a little longer in my opinion. I prefer my skirts in knee-length, but it is fine, especially with a long petticoat. Do you have a preferred era that you get your inspiration from?

IMG_7311

1 comments:

mark a. said...

wowzers! you look ready to ship on out to sea! awesome outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...