January 24, 2011

Weekend walk

Sunday was family day (the whole weekend seemed to be very family oriented) and I spent lunch at my parents’ place. After the great food (thanks mom, I feel I will never be as good a cook as you are!), I took a walk with my mom and dad (my sis’ had to work and only came home for coffee and some cake).  We went to visit the family garden to check on the plants. My mom had already gone there in the morning to pick the Brussels sprouts, which we had for lunch (yes, it is January and we just had minus 15 degrees two weeks ago, but it seems some stuff also grows during winter!).






Meet the exotic fellow - i think he was a bit cold ;)


First signs of Spring - now we only need to get rid of the snow!

On our way home, I took a short detour and visited the Jewish graveyard nearby. It is incredible how nice the place looked, even though I felt a bit as if even the noise of my camera shutter was disturbing the quiet. Taking pictures is not prohibited though and the surroundings felt so calming and peaceful. I can imagine this being a good place for your last resting-place.  Maybe I will go back on a sunny day.


2 comments:

Gem said...

lovely photos! everything looks beautiful covered in snow
x

Gem said...

lovely photos! everything looks beautiful covered in snow
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...