April 7, 2011

These heels are made for walkin'

You have already seen one photo from this session yesterday. I wore this 90s vintage dress inspired by my main Spring trend – floral print!  I wrote a guest post about it yesterday. You can still check it out here!

IMG_5495

I found the dress during the last thrifting weekend. It is pretty, but casual with the pockets and the fully buttoned front. It even looks a bit 50s inspired :) I combined it with my high red flower wedges, a belt and red lips. It doesn’t take more than that!

IMG_5496

What I wore

Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: TK Maxx
Tights: Esda
Lipstick: Catrice

IMG_5494

Almost forgot what day is today! Of course, no Thursday would be complete – here they are: the Awkward and Awesome moments of my last week!



Awkward
  • Wearing something appropriate but much too hot for a job interview – couldn’t even take off the jacket, because I feared stains on the blouse. I made a good impression, but probably had a red face because of the heat (Awesome part – I still managed to stay professional and the boss seemed happy , let’s see how it goes, fingers crossed!)
  • Getting and allergic reaction from wine – my favorite brand, until now :(
  • Wearing a bright blue skirt and everybody just stares at you – do I have something in my face?!
  • Extreme wind speed, heat waves and Marilyn Monroe moments – I had to change several times today, as no outfit worked with the unpredictable weather. Hopefully nobody saw me twice today!
  • Not enough sleep – put my juice in the coffee pot instead of milk this morning
IMG_5624

Awesome
  • Thrift finds from the second hand store and the flea market! My wardrobe is freshly filled with unique pieces!
  • Mom knows how to sew – she repaired my favorite skirt and two dresses and will maybe even show me how to use the sewing machine! I see all those cool DIY projects in the future!!
  • Taking the photos for my flatmate’s job application
  • Amazing feedback for my “Shoe of the Week” project and people wanting to contribute to it
IMG_5511

6 comments:

Savannah said...

You look lovely, those shoes & that dress are awesome!

Bekah said...

This dress is AMAAAAAAZING! and I love that you paired it with a brown belt. I love this color pop... :)

Kathrine said...

Hallo Anja! :)
Ich denke mir mal [auch nachdem ich die Marken Deiner Outfits gesehen habe ;) ]dass ich Dir auch auf Deutsch schreiben kann! Ich habe Deinen Blog durch die Gruppe FBFF gefunden, und zwar durch die e-Mail über das "Shoe of the week" Projekt. Leider habe ich nicht sooo viele verschiedene Schuhe um jeden Montag daran teilzunehmen, werde es aber gerne tun wenn ich kann!
Das mit dem hellblauen Rock ist mir auch so ähnlich passiert..mehrere Male...immer wenn ich etwas in einer Knallfarbe anhabe, starrt man mich an als ob irgendwas nicht in Ordnung wäre! Ich glaube das liegt an dem ungewohnten Anblick hier in Deutschland...man ist ja meistens neutrale und dunkle Farben gewohnt...und auf einmal mit knallrotem Lipenstift (ja, auch das!) frühmorgens in der S-Bahn aufzutauchen ist für viele einfach too much! :)))) Macht aber Spass immer wieder diese Reaktionen zu sehen ;)
Wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochende, soll ja schönes Wetter geben und bis bald!
P.S. Ich lebe in Oberbayern, bin aber Griechin :)

Leah said...

Love that dress on you and that it has pockets! Yey for finding lovely vintagey things! Have a great weekend.

xo L.

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

Freue mich schon auf deine Ideen für das "Shoe of the Week" Projekt!

Das mit den gedeckten Farben stimmt wirklich. Ich glaube, wir müssen einfach richtig viele Knallfarben tragen, damit sich die Menschen daran gewöhnen :) Oder einfach von den Blicken nicht stören lassen. Auffallen ist ja nicht unbedingt schlecht!

Laurel Harrison said...

I love this dress! It actually could fit into so many decades by changing the accessories. With just a little more length, the pattern is a perfect fit for the 30s!

Having a giveaway: http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...