August 6, 2011

Beauty Saturday - What's in my Make up Bag?

On this little blog, I have been mainly writing about my life and love for fashion, but like a lot other girls, I also love beauty products! Therefore, from now on Saturday is going to turn into Beauty Day here on A Heart and Soul Story, where I will talk about Hair, Make up, Products I like or I don't like and all things pretty!

What better way to start off the Beauty Saturday then by showing you what is in my Make up bag. I only recently did a post on what is in my handbag and now wanted to show you the beauty version of it!

IMG_0461


Overview of what I use on a daily or almost daily basis.

IMG_0455

My bag is from Sepällä in Finland, already several years old. I bought it, because it looks similar to the Marimekko bags I so love. The Brush set is from ebay and I actually use almost all of those! I'd love to get some more expensive ones one day, maybe from MAC or Zoeva (got my eyes on this one).

IMG_0463

In summer, I wear a toned moisturizer (Balea "Naturell"). I add liquid concealer under my eyes, if needed (Alverde "02 Porcelain") and cover any spots with a cream coverstick (Catrice "010 Warm Beige"). On my eyes, I put a primer (MAC "Bare Canvas") to make the eyeshadow last longer. I finish it all off with a swipe of pressed powder (Catrice "010 Transparent").

IMG_0464

For my eyebrows and lashes I use eyebrow powder (BeYu Catwalk Eyebrow Set with "elegant" jig) to fill in my brows. Afterwards I add some eyebrow gel (Essence lash & brow gel mascara) should the brow hair be messy. The gel is normally clear, but I always use it on the brown tone! For my lashes I use black mascara (Catrice Lashes to Kill "Ultra Black" - makes super big lashes) and brown eye pencil (P2 Charcoal Eyeliner) on my water line.

IMG_0466

I spend a little more money on eyeshadows. Normally, I am fine with the average drug store products, but with eyeshadow I splurge a bit! Currently I use a light tone for the full eye and a darker tone for the crease. 
Light tones: with glitter - Mac "Gleam" and matte - Makeup Store "Cotton Candy"
Dark tones: Makeup Store "old gold" being replaced by MAC Paint Pot "Constructivist"

IMG_0467

To finish it off, I use one of my blushes (Alverde "1 Apricot") and anti-aging correction pearls (Alverde) to give my face a nice blush and glow. When I have a long day without time to re-apply make up all the time, I also use a finishing spray (P2 Perfect Face). 

It looks like a lot, but takes a maximum of 10min in the morning and I often leave out the eyeshadows.

1 comments:

Lhamomashutzo said...

you have a huge makeup kit...i love it..
following you ffrom nepal..
follow back?
http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...