December 16, 2011

FBFF - Things that belong to my Christmas

Christmas time - happy time! To make my holiday season complete, I got a couple of traditions that make this time of year extra special. This weeks' Fashion Beauty Friend Friday by ModlyChic discusses several of those areas and I wanted to share them with you. 

No holiday party is complete without: hot spiced wine, christmas tree and almond biscuits!

gluehwein

My favorite Christmas song/album: I am such a cliché! Of course my favorite song is "Last Christmas". My current favorite album is "Christmas" by Michael Bublé. I have been a fan for years and like all his work, but his christmas album is extra special. My all time favorite album though is a German album, which was the most sold sound recording medium in the GDR: "Weihnachten in Familie". I can sing all the songs by heart and need to listen to the CD every advent and christmas.

weihnachten-in-familie

My favorite seasonal recipe: my mom's Vanilla Kipferl cookies

Vanilla Kipferl

The perfect New Year's Eve outfit includes: Glitter and more glitter! 

sparkles

At the parties, I'll be drinking: hot spiced wine and sparkling wine

Eggnog, good or bad? good! But only the handmade version.

Did you ever take pictures on Santa's lap at the mall? No, not that I remember, but I did visit Santa Village in Finland at the  Arctic Circle and had a chat with the REAL Santa and took some pictures.

Worst gift I ever got: something I had given to the person for their birthday!

Best gift I ever received: That was my SLR last year. My family put money together for christmas and my birthday (it's 15 days later) and I added the missing amount!

My family has this weird tradition: We try to watch the fairy tale "Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel" as many times as possible (the most famous version of Cinderella in Germany). Sometimes it runs 10-15 times in 3 days on different channels.

the Prince and Cinderella

My best bargain find for a gift this year: it's the same every year - handmade cookie gift boxes. Works every year and is a nice little thank you.

If I could only buy all my gifts from one place, I'd shop at: probably amazon - they got it all :)

Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman: Rudolph - I love reindeers. Had a funny sleigh ride when I was at the Arctic circle. My reindeer licked my cheek.

DSC05193

My favorite holiday memory: Last year being stuck at home at Christmas day because of a snow storm and watching movies all day with my family instead of having to go to several christmas parties. Was the most relaxing Christmas day for all of us. We spent it wearing our PJ's and just enjoying the peace and quiet!

My favorite Christmas movie: Santa Clause I-III

The best part about holiday decorations is: They hold so many memories and each has a special story.

Rip off the wrapping paper or neatly pull off the tape: rip off!! I am always too excited to be careful :)

It doesn't feel like the holiday season until: it snows and I have visited the Christmas market.

Snow

All I want for Christmas is: love!

Do you have any special traditions for Christmas?


1 comments:

Kimberlee VDW said...

That dress is gorgeous! And those cookies look yummy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...