June 28, 2012

Chicken legs with field garlic and pepper

Another great day and another great recipe. Mr. B and I had been planning to make a real sunday roast and we finally managed to make this amazing meal!

IMG_0463



IMG_0457

What you need

Frozen or fresh chicken legs
Frozen or fresh field garlic
Peppers
Garlic
Pepperoni
Onion
Basil
Spices
Oil - I used Sesame oil
Chicken broth

roasting tray
pre-heated oven at 200 degrees

IMG_0449

First I made a bit of a dressing that I used to spice the chicken legs. I added the spices (pepper, salt, paprika, thyme) to the oil and mixed it up. Then I cut small slices into the skin of the chicken legs (about half a cm deep) and rubbed the oil/spices mixture into the legs. Add them to your roasting tray. Then cut the pepper, pepperoni, field garlic, onions and garlic into small pieces and add them to the tray. 

IMG_0455

Finally douse the legs and vegetables with the chicken broth until them bottom is 2-3cm filled. I topped everything with some fresh basil leaves and put it into the oven for 45-50min until the legs are golden brown.




IMG_0464

To complete our sunday meal, I made some salted potatoes and red cabbage with the chicken legs. They also taste really well on their own and can be served with a green salad for example.

IMG_0474

It's a very simple meal recipe for a wonderful sunday roast and is so easy to do. The preparations are not too long and it basically cooks by itself! 

Enjoy trying it out as well et Bon Appetit!

1 comments:

Anja said...

looks like a perfect dinner to me!


xxxwww.ladyalamode.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...