June 13, 2012

Gardening - Balcony Makeover

One point on my 27 before 28 list has been to make my home a lot greener this summer and I have been hard at work with my mom these last weeks to achieve a green oase on my balcony.

IMG_1130

IMG_1161-horz

I decorated the balcony in maritime colors, with lots of red, stripes and blue. 

IMG_1152-horz

I don't remember the names of these flowers, but they are half hanging and work well with a lot of sun. My balcony is sunny beginning when the sun is rising until 3pm and my plants need to be strong enough to take all that sunlight!

IMG_1146-vert

IMG_1127

Above left is a Pepper plant and a Marigold flower.

IMG_1139

Marigold and herbs on the window sill.

IMG_1144-vert

Geranium in red and white and in between a lavender bush.

IMG_1156-horz

On the right are two tomatoe plants and sunflowers that I grew out of seeds. I had to give a lot of those away as they will otherwise outgrow the big pot.

Do you enjoy gardening?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...