November 22, 2012

parents meeting the parents

For all those in longterm relationships, you probably know the three most difficult meet-ups in a young relationship - the girl meeting the parents of the guy, the guy meeting the parents of the girl and the hardest one: parents of both meeting each other. After more than a year of dating, Mr.B and I had decided that it was time to also manage this last step and we brought both our families together last weekend. I was quite nervous as this meeting also counted as our official moving-in party. The mister has joined me in my little apartment not too long ago and we wanted to show our "new" space to both our families as well. 

IMG_1753


Of course HE wasn't nervous at all, but I really wanted it to be a special day. Long story short: it seems they liked each other!

IMG_1628

For that special day, I baked my first cheesecake and we also made a hot chocolate fudge pudding with whipped cream for each guest. Those were the favorites of everybody and I might have to make them another time pretty soon!

IMG_1629

My mom gifted us with those lovely flowers and a handpainted tray for our new space. Mr.B's mom also got us a wonderful bouquet and a gift card to one of my favorite dish shops. Let's see what we can find there!

IMG_1745

Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...