December 10, 2013

DIY - Advent wreath that needs minimal space

IMG_3900

With Christmas being only two weeks away, it is about time to share my decorations at home with you. I want to start with my  DIY "advent wreath" that needs only minimal space. As you can see, it's not really a wreath at all, but I have been looking for a way to incorporate the advent candles into a nice design that doesn't take up a lot of space. Our apartment is quite full already and with all my decorations that I inherited from both my grandmothers, I have only little amount of space left and this idea fits my needs well.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Weihnachten ist in zwei Wochen und es wird Zeit, dass ich meine Dekorationen hier auf dem Blog vorstelle. I beginne mit meinem selbstgemachten "Adventskranz", der eigentlich kein richtiger Kranz ist. Ich habe aber nach einem Weg gesucht, wie ich die 4 Adventskerzen in ein schönes Design einfügen kann, das auch nicht so viel Platz wegnimmt. Unsere Wohnung ist schon jetzt sehr voll und durch die vielen Dekorationen, die ich von meinen Großmüttern geerbt habe, ist nicht mehr viel freie Fläche für einen richtigen Kranz.  

IMG_3918

I bought the glasses with the candle holder on the cork as well as the ornaments with numbers in a local deco store called Depot. Currently those are on sale as well. I added artificial snow and different small ornaments in white, off-white, red and silver to the bottles. They have different sizes and mostly come from my collection. I only bought the white ones at IKEA. I decorated the outside of the bottles with a snowflake, branches with red fruits and a red-white ribbon. I had all of this at home from previous Christmas decorations. 
_________________________________________________________________

Die Gläser mit Kerzenaufsatz auf dem Korken, sowie die vier Baumkugeln mit Nummerierung habe ich im Dekohandel Depot gefunden. Derzeit sind sie auch im Schlussverkauf erhältlich. Ich habe zuerst Kunstschnee in die Flaschen gefüllt. Danach habe ich in jede Flasche weiße, matt-weiße, rote und silberne Kugeln eingefüllt. Sie haben verschiedene Größen und sind größtenteils aus meinem Fundus. Die weißen Kugeln habe ich bei Ikea gefunden. Die Flasche habe ich außen mit Schneeflockenaufhängern, roten Kugelsträngen und einem rot-weißen Stoffband verziert. Alles hatte ich noch von vorherigen Weihnachtsdekorationen zu Hause.

IMG_3910

IMG_3921

It works well with my smoking house. What about your decorations? Have you done DIY projects or collected old ornaments? Share your collections! Send me your links in the comments.
_________________________________________________________________

Mein Räucherhäuschen passt perfekt dazu. Habt ihr auch Dekorationen selbst gemacht oder sammelt ihr vielleicht alte Baumkugeln und Dekorationen? Teilt eure Sammlungen mit mir - Schickt mir den Link in den Kommentaren!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...