January 24, 2011

Newest purchases

Earrings with Swarovski crystals – gift by my parents



 Pashmiina scarf – vacation souvenir given to me by my mom



Blazer – Ernstings Family sale



Since my parents have come back from their trip to Turkey last week, I feel more and more the need to travel the world again. I have lived in several countries for a longer time and all of them are worth another trip. Oh well, maybe I should go to South Africa as it is the warmest place of the lot. Finland might be a little bit chilly just now.


Vacation South Africa February 2005

But not just other countries have pulled my mind off studying for my final exam in two weeks. I got this great book as a gift from my granddad during my visit this weekend. It is about Germany as an economic miracle and the time of the 50s and 60s.


Book "Wirtschaftswunder: Germany After the War 1952 -1967" by Frank Darchinger



This era is my favorite time of the last century and the book contains amazing photographs with a lot of input for awesome outfits. I would love to acquire a lot more outfits in this special style. Lucky for me the current fashion supports this idea, but of course it would be much better to get the real deal. It is very sad that my city does not have any good vintage stores, at least none that I know of. I might have to put more effort into the search in the future. Also flea market season will start soon and I am looking forward to some great thrift finds!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...