April 29, 2012

Historical City

I was born and raised in the city that I currently live in. As a local you sometimes forget to pay attention to the beauty that surrounds you. With Mr.B. (a non-local and new inhabitant to my town) at my side, I got the perfect excuse to play tourist guide sometimes. We decided to visit the local industrial museum a couple of days ago and had a great time exploring the history of my city that was once called Karl-Marx-Stadt. 

IMG_8065


Vintage

Some great remnants of the past. Loving the kitchen cupboard and that old phone.

Cameras

I really fell in love with these old cameras. I got one of those Praktica manual cameras (top right) myself and still love taking pictures with that one.

IMG_8081

One of my favorite pieces from the city history are the red brick buildings, the remnants of the industrialization. My city was the German mekka for weaving, production of fabrics and also for technical inventions. The old factories with red bricks are slowly reconstructed and I can't get enough of these wonderful old houses.

IMG_8095


What I wore

Shirt & Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Deichmann
Tights: Esda
Necklace: Jess LC jewelry
Earrings: Helsinki Design weekend

IMG_8089

For the day, I wore something simple, but still pretty and felt wonderful all day!

IMG_8021-horz

Trying out some of the things - me working in a call center, as scientist and as sleeping beauty :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...