April 27, 2012

FBFF - planning makes your style perfect

For this weeks Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Katy of ModlyChic has asked her fellow bloggers to share a bit about their outfit planning habits. For some fashion opponents it might be overrated, but for me it's a very important topic.

1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day? (Do you lay stuff out the night before? Do you plan a whole week's worth of looks Sunday night? Do you wing it every morning?) 

I definitely plan my outfits just like I plan most of my life - in a semi-structured way :) I do have some ideas in my head of what I  need to do during the day and I do try to work my outfit around those things. 


2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless? 

Not really. I do have a full-body mirror and also ask friends or Mr.B. how it looks. I do take pictures after choosing ;) - outfit pictures for the blog. Then I see sometimes that an outfit just doesn't work. I have never not posted an outfit even when I didn't particularly liked it. I think it would be cheating and it also shows that there is error to the trial sometimes.

3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events? 

I do plan for special events. For those that are really important, I plan stuff long in advance, try on the outfit, come up with hair and makeup and then stick with it. Take the wedding of my friends in Finland last summer. I even pre-photographed the look and asked for advice when I wanted to buy the dress. For less special occasions, I often choose a look and then stick with it as well, but I do think of a backup look in case I feel totally uncomfortable in the outfit while putting it on.


4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when? 

Definitely the blog! I do take photos of a lot of outfits, definitely the special ones, but also day to day outfits that I really like. I save all photographed looks on my laptop with Picasa and each look is archived with the date it was taken/worn. I do post all outfits that I have photographed, but I don't photograph all outfits. Those days when I don't have the time to take pictures or I don't have a photographer, I use for re-wearing looks. Then my picture folders are a great help to remember great looks and wear them again or remix them just a bit.

5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations? (An app? Computer program? Trial and error?) 
I guess a lot of my outfits do come from a trial and error kind of behavior. I am not an innovative person, but I can be creative. I need a bit of inspiration to try something new. 

Inspiring Bloggers

These lovely ladies for example! Chloe of Memoirs of a little thing called Life, Kendi of KendiEveryday and Jentine of Myedit. They got amazing and effortless style (at least that's how it looks). They do also serve a bit different tastes and give me great ideas for different moods. I don't have one particular style that I stick to always and every day. Sometimes I wanna look flirty or sophisticated and blogs definitely inspire me to try something new or a particular way of styling. Sure, I don't totally copy those looks, but they give me an idea on what works well and what doesn't. Then of course it's about personal taste as well. I don't lile all their outfits, but a lot :) 

1 comments:

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

Wow do people really use all that organization method for an outfit? I need to step up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...