September 23, 2014

Be my guest - at a wedding 2.0

IMG_0678

A week ago, we went to the second wedding this year. This time, I went  for my favourite party look in a 50s full skirt dress. I had planned on buying a new 50s swing dress and had been searching online for a long time. The bride knows my love for the 50s era and had agreed to my choice of dress and color. It is always a big step to wear something more flashy to a wedding and I recommend to all of you future guests: talk to the bride about your ideas and make sure you are allowed to wear the style you favor.
I got a lot of compliments for my dress and I love it!!! It's from Lindy Bop and fits me to perfection. It's long enough (big surprise) and shows off all my nice features. I am already considering others from their collection, maybe for Christmas or my 30th birthday in January. Only sad point of the day - it rained and the party had to be inside the entire day.  

IMG_0684

IMG_0702

What I wore

Dress: Lindy Bop
Cardigan: H&M
Necklace & Earrings: Kalevala
Shoes: Deichmann
Tights: Esda

IMG_0705-tile

IMG_0695

IMG_0711

IMG_0672

6 comments:

Patti_NotDeadYetStyle said...

Love that dress, Anja - and thanks for pointing out the site where you found it! Thanks for sharing this lovely wedding-guest look with Vis Monday, xo.

mark a. said...

anja, you look simply gorgeous! that dress is so pretty! love it!

Modern Vintage said...

This dress is extraordinary on you. What a colour and shape! It looks great with the black cardi, but stunning also with the white wrap. I also like the fact that you have chosen black tights and shoes - I cannot quite think how it would work otherwise (although I might have added a seam - but that's just me!!!). I am going to have a good look at the Lindy Bob site. NOW! Thanks for some lovely photos, and sorry the rain affected the wedding. Kx

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

So cute and wedding perfect! It does, indeed, fit you like it was made for you. Elegant and completely charming. Lucky you to have so many weddings to go to!

AHeartandSoulStory said...

Oh thank you Jan! Definitely one of my favourite pieces in my closet right now. Hope to have some more special occasions for it!

AHeartandSoulStory said...

Oh yes, with a seam it would have been perfect. They are just so difficult to find for my long legs (6'3'') therefore I had to work with the normal ones. Sadly. But I agree, that would make the perfect look!! Have you found something on the Lindy Bop Site? Still am on the lookout for a Christmas dress there!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...