October 4, 2015

The 50s vibe

Last weekend, I visited a great 50s party with Mr.B and some friends and dressed up in one of my beloved swing petticoat dresses. Since then, I have definitely felt the 50s vibe and my outfits gravitaded towards that look. It's wonderful how one event can remind you of all those lovely pieces hiding in your closet! I have been wearing lots of swing dresses, reds and blues, college jackets and pencil skirts. I felt like Joan of MadMen once again and Mr.B definitely loves that look on me. This is an outfit I recently wore at work. Do you have a certain style that you gravitate to over and over again even though you sometimes try out new things?

1-IMG_2185

1-IMG_2181

1-IMG_2194

1-IMG_2212

What I wore

Dress: thrifted, Lindy Bop
Watch: Skagen
Tights: Esda
Scarf: Pieces
Shoes & Jacket: Primark
Necklace & Bracelet: DIY

1-IMG_2257-tile

1-IMG_2207

1-IMG_2197-001

1-IMG_2204

1-IMG_2281

4 comments:

Patti_NotDeadYetStyle said...

I love a swing dress or skirt, and those sneakers are fabulous!

-Patti
http://notdeadyetstyle.com

mark a. said...

you channel the 50's very well, anja!

Rachel Garay said...

What a gorgeous dress. I would love to own one like this, beautiful colors and layering too.

Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up

Rachel xo

Garay Treasures

mark a. said...

you rock ANY vibe you choose to emulate! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...