March 13, 2011

Finding the balance

I only recently joined the FBFF (Fashion Beauty Friend Friday) google group, a wonderful blogger community started by Katy of ModlyChic. It is a community, where bloggers can exchange ideas, give tips to each other and talk about their biggest hobby – blogging! Every Friday, Katy publishes a set of questions concerning a topic that is currently a concern in the community and bloggers that want to participate, answer them and link back to –ModlyChic. This week is my first time participating, though, as you all might recognize, it’s not Friday anymore.


IMG_4460

This week discusses the balance in your life and how you add blogging into it without losing focus for priorities. How do you do it all and still live, work and play as you should? 

IMG_4467


1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does 

blogging fall? 

Well, this post comes late as my blog is not No. 1 in my life. I had one of these 24h stomach flu’s and just couldn’t manage to post this earlier. Blogging and blogs in general still take on a quite big role in my life. It comes after family, friends, health etc, but it is one of my biggest hobbies, also combining it with my other passions – photography and fashion. Currently, more than ever, blogs take on a big role. I not only recently revived my blog, but I am also planning on writing my master thesis about American blogging culture (fingers crossed that my professor will approve it on Wednesday). So far, it’s been very interesting to research about it and I can say that reading all the blogs I am following also helps me with my thesis. No worries, I won’t take any infos from any blog without asking :)  


IMG_4385


2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? 

I have tried to use my time most efficiently, it hasn’t always worked, but hey, I am trying. I have set times during the day for reading blogs, writing comments and writing my own blog posts. Whatever gets done during that time is good, what doesn’t gets done the next day. I also use blogs during a break from studies, or in the evenings when there is my relaxing time and there is nothing interesting on TV. I also use bloglovin and blogger on my smartphone and read and comment blogs while sitting on a train or the bus.
I have the feeling that blogging has actually helped me with spending my small amount of free time with my friends, family and important people in my life. We take walks and explore new places in the area. It’s a bonus that they are taking photos of my outfits.


IMG_4321

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient? 

Oh, I would love to know more of these. I might use the advice of others to write more than one post in one day and then schedule them throughout the week.


IMG_4325


4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? 

When I did the 30 for 30 challenge, it was easy, just blog every day :) Now, I started thinking about a calendar. I do have a note book with ideas for blog posts, changes I want to take on the blog design, outfits etc. I have a huge picture folder full of inspiration on my desktop as well. Still, I don’t want to set too tight a schedule as not only my outfits, but my post topics totally depend on my daily mood.


IMG_4411


5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? 

I am not sure, but I think right now the amount of time is ok. I think, blogging every day again would raise my stats etc, but would it make me happy on a long run? I fear that I would get tired after a while or even loose interest etc. Posting is time consuming. With more time, I would probably rather put more effort into writing the post, maybe do more for the photos, a new header or make some videos. But I am quite happy right now. I can combine my blogging passion with my studies and enjoy the situation where I can actually put time into the blog.


IMG_4346

{ Photos c/o my good friend A. - thanks for the tea and the nice chat :) }

What I wore

Dress: Sepällä; Helsinki
Top, Skirt (hidden under the dress as security) and Coat: H&M
Tights: Esda
Shoes: Deichmann
Necklace: Thrifted; KleiderKreisel
Ring: Takko Fashion
Belt: Thrifted; Helsinki Flea Market

7 comments:

Hase said...

Das ist doch mal ein richtig tolles Outfit! :) Du bist immer so hübsch seitdem du den Blog hast. Knutscher

elle s'ennuie said...

Ooh, I love your trench coat, such a perfect colour for spring. :) Can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can wear my light blue trench.

Also, the picture of you standing on those steps below question 1 is great - not that the others aren't good too, but that one looks so spontaneously happy and lively :)

Paola Sing said...

I love those4 shoes! Oxfords are my fave! I have a great giveaway going on! Please, come follow me... http://desperate4fashion.blogspot.com

Anne said...

I was looking forward to these pics haha ;) lovely coat.. as I already told you :D
*spring mood*

Lauren- Magic Happens said...

What a gorgeous coat. That color is fabulous on you!

Savannah said...

That dress & the whole outfit looks sooooo amazing!

elle s'ennuie said...

Ooh, I love your trench coat, such a perfect colour for spring. :) Can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can wear my light blue trench.

Also, the picture of you standing on those steps below question 1 is great - not that the others aren't good too, but that one looks so spontaneously happy and lively :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...