December 16, 2012

Impressions of ... Regensburg

Christmas time is the time of family and Mr.B and I decided to visit his sister in Regensburg, a city located at the river Donau. We enjoyed the christmassy atmosphere in the city and went Christmas market hopping.

IMG_2387

IMG_2274

First on the list was the famous market on the castle grounds of countess Turn & Taxis, a local celebrity. The market has a wonderful selection of handmade products and local food!

IMG_2279



The location is beautiful and it is quite a special market. Everywhere are fire places to warm up and all the huts are decorated in a really nice way. The entry fee is quite high (normal markets don't have a fee), but I can only recommend this place. You should visit it once!

IMG_2256-horz

IMG_2320

IMG_2270-horz

I love those decorations!

IMG_2368-horz

Those candle holder bottles are awesome. One of my favorite cafés has those for the table and I just love them!

IMG_2359

This old caroussel was my highlight. Sadly I am too tall for it!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...