March 7, 2012

long long long ...

... Legs. Yes, mine are on the exceptionally long side. As I am 1,92m (about 6'2'') tall, I got big problems with buying clothes. Mostly when it comes to the length of the fabrics. I could never buy dresses at H&M or any other store that aren't intended to end at knee length. Those ones are a little shorter on me. Mini-dresses on the other hand are more like T-shirts on me. 
Sadly the current fashion doesn't really support tall ladies. I got issues with pants, but Long Fashion has hooked me up for years on that part. Some things are still difficult for me to get - overknee socks for example that are actually going over the knees. My mom has finally heard my prayers and knitted these lovely socks. They are so long that I can actually even fold the top!  

IMG_0360


IMG_0365

I love the knotted detail on the sides! And my cute new cardigan got the first outing as well. The cherry blossom print is adorable. 

IMG_0374

IMG_0408

What I wore

Cardigan: Ernsting's Family
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: C&A
Tights: Esda
Socks: handmade by mom
Earrings: gift by my host family
Scarf: Vero Moda
Headband: Seppälä
Bracelet: Bazaar in Brazil

IMG_0394-1-tile

2 comments:

meagan said...

I have always had the exact opposite problem. Everything I buy is way, way too long. But I think you have the tougher problem though! I can always hem pants but it's impossible to make them any longer!
-Meaganwww.brassinpocketblog.com(formerly Spunky Chateau)

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

so true, shortening something is much easier than making sth longer. But hey, you learn to work with what you got :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...