July 4, 2012

Independence in a nutshell

The 4th of July is a special day for the United States. I have lived in this beautiful country for more than a year myself and have been in love with America, its' variety of culture and the people ever since. Therefore, I feel a bit connected to the USA even today and am celebrating the Independence Day as well. 

IMG_2908


I can understand the pride for one's nation and the thankfulness for independence and freedom. Just over 20 years ago, my own country (former GDR) joined western Germany and freed themselves from being a Soviet occupation zone. Freedom of travel, freedom of speech and being able to do whatever you like - those are things that didn't go without saying before. My mother raised me with an awareness to never take things for granted and I am thankful for all the opportunities in life today that I can take without having to fear federal consequences.

IMG_2926

So Happy 4th of July - Happy Independence Day to all my readers and fellow American Bloggers out there! 

IMG_2958

In honor of this special day, I wore a very special outfit - totally patriotic!

IMG_2947-tile

What I wore

Skirt & Shirt: H&M
Top: Thrifted
Shoes: Deichmann
Ring (actually a toe ring): Bijou Brigitte
Bracelet: Gina Tricot

IMG_2937

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...