June 3, 2013

It's raining men .. eehhh.. cats and dogs!

It has been raining non-stop in Germany and especially in the area around my hometown and workplace during the last week or so. This weekend, it has finally gotten really critical. We got high water warnings and several areas have been flooded. There have been times with the highest flood water level even in our city. It's a bit frightening and I am kind of glad that we are living on a hill. It's still devastating for all those people out there that have lost houses, gardens and other personal property to the flood. I can only hope that there won't be any major damage to persons. 

Editorial note - These photos should not in any way make fun of the situation. I took the pictures during the first days of rain. We don't feel in the slightest amused anymore and are feeling with all those that are threatened by the flood.

IMG_9160



Even with this weather situation, life has to go on and it's getting harder to make my way to work. I have a 1hour train ride to work every day and the train tracks go along flooded rivers for quite some time. Today, I won't make it there. Let's see how the situation changes in the coming days. Right now it is still raining, but the flood level is slowly sinking. 


IMG_9129

IMG_9183

IMG_9198

What I wore

Cape & Necklace: Thrifted
Cardigan & Wellies: Ernsting's Family
Shirt: Gina Tricot
Ring: I am, gift from Mr.B
Scarf: Pieces
Pants: Long Fashion

IMG_9213-horz

It is Monday and even though I didn't make it to work, I did get dressed. I want to share this look with Visible Monday over at Not Dead Yet Style!

3 comments:

Patti_NotDeadYetStyle said...

sorry to hear about your flooding troubles. We have them here sometimes and it is disruptive first, then dangerous. I will watch the weather and keep you in my thoughts. In the meanwhile, you look terrific in a colorful sweater and scarf! Thanks for linking up to Visible Monday.

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

How cool you look, standing in a puddle with your wellies! Makes me miss the cooler weather, just a bit! Great casual look ... very well put together and pretty!

AHeartandSoulStory said...

yeah, it is all better by now, and the boots really helped during that period! Great investment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...