June 2, 2013

What I love right now - No. 9/2013 - my new ride!

It's been a long time coming. This is my new ride - a 1974 Simson "Schwalbe". A little scooter made in East Germany. It's an oldie but goldie and a classic. 

IMG_8904

IMG_8895

I have wanted to buy a scooter for several years. Of course a Vespa has always been the ultimate goal, but over the years and with Mr.B's knowledge on oldtimers, I started envisioning myself on one of these little German scooters. It's a piece of history right there in our garage. It still has some things that need to be fixed, but I can see Mr.B and myself working on it together and going for cruises later on our two rides. 

IMG_8885

I took it for a spin some time ago and it was so much fun. I have had my drivers licence for cars for more than 10 years, but I have never been on a scooter before. Having to shift gears with your hands needs some coordination skills, but it has been so much fun to learn! It has been a dream come true for me and it feels good to finally fulfill this big wish!


Happy Sunday!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...