November 12, 2016

My tips for a fresh Autumn look

1-IMG_8479-001

The cold weather is always a time when the light colors leave most people's closets and they start wearing only dark colors. I think, I am similar and tend to wear dark shades more often, but I do love light colors in my accessories. Often I will combine also one brighter color with dark neutrals and black, like in this look. My blush pink leather jacket is such a great staple for autumn as it brings color to almost any outfit, light or dark and helps me transition to the darker season. I also added some rouge and a nice lipstick to not look like a ghost with all those dark pieces of clothing as I am pretty fair skinned and have lost all my summer tan (never really had a lot to begin with). My last tip and my favourite of Autumn anyways - wearing tights, or leggins in the same color as your shoes to optically elongate your legs. Autumn and Spring are the seasons where I feel most comfortable and wear loads of dresses and skirts. I do not like my knees, but got a couple of really pretty dresses and skirts that are just too short to hit my knees (fate of a tall person). 


1-IMG_8536-001

My tips for a fresh Autumn look
- wear a piece in a bright color to bring some fun into those darker looks
- light colored accessories such as scarves, hats, socks, overknees or bags
- bright lipstick and a little more rouge to not look like a ghost 
- tights in the same color as your shoes to elongate the legs

1-IMG_8508-001

What I wore

Shoes: Deichmann
Dress & Tights: Long Tall Sally
Scarf: 1982 Fashion
Watch: Skagen

1-IMG_8524-tile

1-IMG_8481-001

1-IMG_8507-001

1-IMG_8505-001

1-IMG_8515

1 comments:

Patti said...

The pink jacket (I am wearing one today too!) is a great Fall pick-me-up. I like your tips about using fresh-color makeup too. thanks for linking up, xo

Patti
http://notdeadyetstyle.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...